Recovery International Meetings
All times for Phone, Zoom and Chat meetings listed in Eastern time
Chat | Community – In-Person | Español/Spanish | Members Only |Newcomer Welcome Meeting | Phone | Zoom
Click HERE to find meetings in Canada
All meetings follow this basic format (with the exceptions of Literature, Welcome, and Facebook meetings):
- Reading – The group reads from one of Dr. Abraham Low’s books. Order Your Books here
- Examples – Participants take turns describing an event from everyday life that caused distress and how they used Recovery International tools to address their discomfort and control their responses.
- Spotting – After each example, other members offer comments on the example-giver’s use of Recovery International tools and suggest other “spots” that also could have been used.
- Mutual Aid – The end of the meeting is a time for informal discussion. It is a good time to ask the group leader or a long-time member to help develop an example to share at a later meeting, or to ask questions about specific “spots” that were discussed.
- Voluntary Contributions – Participants are asked to help support the organization with the suggested donation being $5 per meeting. However, no one is turned away due to inability to pay– this should not deter anyone from attending Recovery International meetings.