Come Join Us From The Comfort of Your Own Home
Everyone is welcome to attend Recovery International Telephone Meetings. Whether you are brand new to the Recovery International Cognitive Behavioral Training Method, or a veteran member who has attended community meetings. Telephone meetings also serve those who are unable to attend R.I. community-based meetings in person due to distance, illness or other challenges.
*ALL Meetings are accessed at participant’s own expense. All meeting times are listed in the Eastern Time Zone. Adjust times to fit YOUR time zone. See below for meeting description*
When Headquarters is notified of a telephone meeting cancellation in advance we will post the cancellation above. However, there may be last minute cancellations due to emergencies and technical difficulties that we may not be able to post in time. If you are unable to join a telephone meeting despite following the current schedule, adjusting to your time zone correctly, and using the accurate phone number and access code, it may indicate that the meeting has been canceled. These are not permanent cancellations and your regularly scheduled meeting will resume once the cancellation date has passed.
Telephone Meeting Etiquette
Please follow the guidelines below on all telephone meetings
- Arrive at the meeting on time
- Should you arrive late, do not interrupt the meeting; you will be given ample opportunity to announce yourself.
- When entering any telephone meeting, press *6 on your phone to un-mute your line and announce yourself by first name & state.
- Once you have announced yourself, mute your line by pressing *6 and remain muted until you are called upon or acknowledged by the leader.
- When through speaking, please mute your line.
- When un-muting your line, please wait a moment to make sure that you are not speaking over another person.
- Should it become necessary for the leader to quiet the line more than twice, the meeting will be closed.
- Questions will be addressed during the question/answer portion of the meeting.
- We do not allow cross talk on our meetings.
Click on Meeting Materials tab on the side of the page to download or print the five links on the page. It is important to study the sheets prior to attending any meeting and you will need these documents during your meetings. Headquarters does not mail out these items. If you need further information about any telephone meetings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
RETURNEES & CURRENT COMMUNITY MEETING ATTENDEES
If you are a RETURNEE to the Recovery International Method or CURRENTLY ATTEND COMMUNITY MEETINGS please follow the steps below to attend R.I. Telephone Meetings:
– All interested parties must hold a current paid membership in Recovery International. If you do not hold a current paid membership you may sign up online, by sending a check to HQ, or calling HQ with a debit or credit card.
– Anyone attending any of our telephone meetings is required to announce their first name and state to the leader. You may wish to check in as a listener until such time as you are comfortable enough to participate. Listening to a few meetings will give you an opportunity to become familiar with the structure and guidelines for Recovery International Telephone meetings.
– Click the Meeting Materials tab, on the side of the page, to download and print the meeting material documents. Study the documents carefully, as they will serve as a refresher to the basic concepts and tools used on our Recovery International Meetings.
– You are welcome to attend the Literature meetings held twice weekly.
Once you have completed all the above you are welcome to attend the Recovery International meetings. Please e-mail Gilda@recoveryinternational.org to register and receive the telephone number and access code.
INTRODUCTION TO THE RI METHOD: 60 Minutes
Intro meetings are an opportunity for newcomers to learn the RI Method through explanation, demonstration, and practice. Meetings include a question and answer period. To receive the Intro phone number and access code please call Gilda at 352-464-7232. When leaving a message please provide your full name, state or country, and phone number. Headquarters staff cannot give out this information.
OPEN LITERATURE MEETINGS: 60 Minutes
Open to Everyone and For All Skill Levels: Literature meetings focus on the reading and discussion of the works of Dr. Abraham A. Low; founder of Recovery, 1937. This meeting is also useful for people with visual impairment or are reading challenged.
*For Those Holding a Current Annual Membership of $35*
SUPPLEMENTAL MEETINGS: 60 Minutes
For members who have attended a minimum of 6 Introduction to RI Meetings, are currently active participants, and understand the basic R.I. Method. Members may attend as many Supplemental Meetings as they wish throughout the week. Participation with readings, examples, and spotting is required. If you are interested in attending Supplemental Meetings and wish to obtain the telephone number and access code e-mail email@example.com. Please provide your full name, state or country, and phone number.
TRADITIONAL ASSIGNED MEETINGS: 90 Minutes
For members who are actively participating in R.I. Supplemental Meetings and have demonstrated a working knowledge and practice of the R.I. Method. Each member is allowed one Assigned Meeting. It is required that you attend and fully participate on any Assigned Meeting a minimum of twice monthly. If you would like to join an Assigned Meeting, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide your full name, state or country, and your phone number. You will receive a call with the telephone number and access code for your Assigned Meeting within 1 business day of your request.
SPECIAL FOCUS – RIPP MEETING: 90 Minutes
This is an Assigned Meeting using the RI Method for persons with chronic health problems. You may attend ONE Traditional Assigned Meeting of your choice along with the RIPP meeting, provided you meet the criteria. Please email email@example.com for more information. Please provide your full name, state or country and your phone number.