Open Career Positions
Recovery International in Oak Brook, IL is currently accepting applications for a full-time professional Development Manager. At least five years of professional experience is required. If you would like to apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Recovery International is a mental health 501(c)3 non-profit organization based in Oak Brook, IL. Neuropsychiatrist Abraham Low, M.D. founded Recovery in Chicago, Illinois in 1937. Cognitive behavioral techniques developed by Dr. Low are taught through peer-led self-help groups, teaching people to manage the stress and anxiety of everyday occurrences so they can lead more peaceful lives.
The Development Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and executing the organization ’s fundraising, including donor cultivation, fundraising and membership campaigns, public relations, marketing, and grant writing. Working in collaboration with the CEO, the Development Manager has a leadership role, helping to generate the revenue necessary to sustain and develop programs and services. Strong leadership and communication skills and demonstrated success in donor cultivation/solicitation, grant writing, grant management, special event fundraising, and marketing. Must have ability to manage relationships with donors and financial partners both internally and externally. Will lead the overall efforts to recruit, retain, and engage membership. Will help establish short- and long-range goals and strategies to achieve membership objectives, assist in growing the organization’s assets and raising its profile. Need to be creative and strategic. The funds raised through this position will make a difference in the lives of those struggling with mental health issues.
- Minimum of five years experience in fundraising, particularly major gift/grant fundraising, as well as public relations, marketing, grant writing and grant management, and special events. This is a small staff; must be a team player.
- Motivated, self-directed, positive thinker, enthusiastic, kind; collaborative and innovative spirit
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable speaking to large groups
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to high level of service
- Computer skills (MS Office) and willingness to learn new software programs (i.e., Neon)
- Efficient organizational skills
- Donor cultivation and management experience
- Grant writing experience required, and grant management experience preferred
- Willing to represent organization at various public and private events, speak to groups, and help increase visibility of organization
- Willing to help with organization’s conferences
- Comfortable with at least some social media platforms
- Must be willing to learn and utilize organization’s philosophy and terminology with membership
- Must be committed to DEI principles
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Other duties as needed
- Benefit package includes hybrid work schedule; health insurance (80% paid); vacation, sick and personal time; and paid holidays. Full-time exempt position, 40 hours per week M – F, evenings and weekends as needed. The position will be based at our headquarters in Oak Brook, IL.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
include Development Manager Application in subject line.